Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bluebonnet Bike Ride!

Today I went out for a casual 30 miler. I say casual because I wasn't going to push myself on speed. I really wanted to just enjoy the beautiful day. And it was a beautiful day. 75 degrees, blue sky and bluebonnets were abundant. I did the usual "head-out-to-hwy-47" ride. It was excellent. With it being Easter weekend, not very many students are in town, therefore the traffic is practically non-existent. The ride probably took me about 2 and a half hours. I probably came in just shy of a full 30 miles, but oh well, I got some "butt time" in. Part of training for these long rides, is getting your bum ready for the long amount of time on the saddle. I think I'm getting close to being ready in all respects. My leg muscles feel strong, my butt seems to be getting used to the long rides, and my arms are in pretty solid shape too (in some way I'm sure that's helpful). I've even acquired a bit of a cyclists' tan. So, let the countdown begin: 21 days to go!

Visit Ashley's Fundraising Page: My E-Donate page
Visit Andrea's Fundraising Page: Andrea's E-Donate Page

No comments: