Sunday, March 2, 2008

Not so fast, hot shot.

So today was tough. I went out with the intention of putting in a 40 miler. Last week was 30 miles, what's another 10, right? Well it was windy today. Very windy. I was going into the wind dead-on for about 80 percent of the ride. At one point I was in my lowest gear and was struggling to actually move because the wind was so strong. This picture I posted is basically of my view through much of the ride. I was cranking hard on the pedals and keeping my head down in the process, just trying to make head-way against the wind. The ride took about 2 and a half hours. I went out to highway 47 via University today then swung back through Villa Maria. I took a little detour through Traditions golf course to see what that was all about. It's nice out there, but not as great as it is hyped up to be. On the way back in I took a little water break at starbucks on northgate. Today was an overall good ride. It's nice to enjoy the weather, the day and collect my thoughts, but man, 2 and a half hours is a long ride by yourself. Andrea needs to hurry home from her americorps trip so we can get back to riding together.

Visit Ashley's Fundraising Page: My E-Donate page
Visit Andrea's Fundraising Page: Andrea's E-Donate Page

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blog. you're so play-by-play, i love it. i wish i could be there to go on a couple rides with you. eepp it up.

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here